WWDC 2012 Predictions
It’s the day before the WWDC Keynote and here are my predictions.
- iOS 6 is introduced and demoed. This is already a given.
- A new maps app based on some of the technology from mappingcompanypurchases they’ve been making for the past several years.
- Facebook integration. Similar to the Twitter integration thats built into the native apps and provided as a public API for third party developers.
- Release date will be announced to be in the fall. Apple won’t say it, but it will likely be released alongside a new iPhone.
- OS X Mountain Lion is demoed and a few new features are revealed.
- iCloud tabs will be demoed.
- Release date will be announced to be in July. New dev preview will be released at the conference. We’ll also probably see a new dev preview of Safari 5.2.
- New Macs.
- Every Mac in Apple’s product line will be updated. That means, Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. They’re all in need of an update. Especially the Mac Pro.
- New 15” MacBook Pros with retina displays and thinner chassis. It will drop the optical drive and most of the ports save for Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 (which the entire Mac line will get).
Those are my predictions. There’s also talk of an Apple TV SDK being announced, but I’m a little bearish on that one. I think the things above are sure bets, and I can’t imagine that they’ll also have the time during the keynote to introduce a completely new platform.